Moreland rejoins Rangers for Cardinals series
The Texas Rangers activated first baseman Mitch Moreland from the 15-day disabled list on Friday and he'll be in uniform for Friday's interleague series opener at St. Louis.
In a corresponding roster move, the Rangers optioned right-hander Josh Lindblom to Triple-A Round Rock. Lindblom started Thursday against Oakland and allowed two runs in five innings in a no-decision.
Moreland has been out since June 6 with a right hamstring strain suffered running the bases the previous night in Boston. He is batting .288 with 12 home runs and 29 RBIs. Moreland was 6-for-12 with a home run and three RBIs in three rehab games for Double-A Frisco.
Also Friday, the Rangers traded right-hander Yoshinori Tateyama to the New York Yankees for future considerations. Tateyama, who had been with Triple-A Round Rock, is 0-1 with a 4.24 ERA and one save in 23 games for the Express. He has been assigned by the Yankees to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 16 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
38 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos