Indians option Carrasco, recall House for debut
The Cleveland Indians have optioned right-hander Carlos Carrasco to Triple-A Columbus and recalled pitcher T.J. House from the same minor league club.
The 23-year-old House is poised to make his major league debut, and he couldn't be more excited.
Before Monday's game against the Orioles, House said when he learned of the promotion, "It kind of floored me a little bit."
He immediately called his mother, and House expects to be joined by family and friends in Baltimore on Tuesday morning.
House will pitch out of the bullpen. Of his debut, he says, "I'm just going to soak it up and enjoy it."
House was originally selected by Cleveland in the 16th round in of the 2009 draft. Carrasco is 0-3 with a 7.78 ERA in four starts this season.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 8 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos