Hill returns to D-backs after breaking hand
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated second baseman Aaron Hill from the 15-day disabled list and optioned left-hander Joe Paterson to Triple-A Reno.
In his return, he went 2-for-4 with a double, a single and a walk, but the Diamondbacks lost 7-5 to the Nationals.
Hill hit .306 the first 10 games of the season before breaking his left hand after being hit by a pitch thrown by Pittsburgh's James McDonald on April 9. He returns to the first-place Diamondbacks after a six-game rehab stint at Reno.
Hill hit .302 with 26 homers and 85 RBIs with the Diamondbacks in 2012 after being traded from Toronto.
Paterson appeared in two games for Arizona, allowing a run in 2 1/3 innings.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 24 min ago
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos