Report: Former Cub Wood finds body in harbor
Kerry Wood discovered a man's body floating in Chicago's Belmont Harbor while the former Chicago Cubs pitcher was paddle boarding on Monday morning, according to a Chicago Tribune report.
Wood immediately called 911 to report the body, the Tribune reported, citing a police report.
The Tribune reported the victim as a 40-year-old man who was wearing an identification tag on his left wrist that led authorities to discover that he had been reported missing by a nursing home after being released by a hospital on June 19.
Wood retired from the Cubs in May 2012 after spending parts of 13 seasons in Chicago. He still lives in Chicago and worked for the Cubs as an instructor during spring training.
Attempts to reach Wood were not immediately successful.
ESPNChicago.com's Bruce Levine contributed to this report.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 10 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos