Astros' Maxwell suffers concussion vs. Cards
Houston right fielder Justin Maxwell has left the game against St. Louis because of a concussion on Tuesday night.
HOUSTON -- Houston right fielder Justin Maxwell has left the game against St. Louis because of a concussion on Tuesday night.
Maxwell was injured when he banged his head on the grass while diving for a fly ball in the fourth inning.
He remained face down on the field for a couple of minutes while trainers attended to him. He soon got up and rubbed his face and head a few times before slowly walking off the field.
He was replaced by J.D. Martinez.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 5 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
39 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos