Indians activate Cabrera from disabled list
The Cleveland Indians have activated shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and designated infielder John McDonald for assignment.BALTIMORE -- The Cleveland Indians have activated shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and designated infielder John McDonald for assignment.
Cabrera strained his right quadriceps running out a grounder on June 3.
Indians manager Terry Francona said of Cabrera: "He came back a lot quicker than we anticipated. He's running better now than he was the beginning of the year."
Cabrera was in the starting lineup for Wednesday night's game against the Orioles.
The 38-year-old McDonald was acquired from Pittsburgh on June 10 and played in eight games with Cleveland. Francona says if McDonald can't find another team to play for, he would be welcome to stay in the Indians organization.
In other news, Francona says All-Star closer Chris Perez (shoulder) will come off the DL on Thursday.
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos