Indians activate Cabrera from disabled list
The Cleveland Indians have activated shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and designated infielder John McDonald for assignment.BALTIMORE -- The Cleveland Indians have activated shortstop Asdrubal Cabrera from the 15-day disabled list and designated infielder John McDonald for assignment.
Cabrera strained his right quadriceps running out a grounder on June 3.
Indians manager Terry Francona said of Cabrera: "He came back a lot quicker than we anticipated. He's running better now than he was the beginning of the year."
Cabrera was in the starting lineup for Wednesday night's game against the Orioles.
The 38-year-old McDonald was acquired from Pittsburgh on June 10 and played in eight games with Cleveland. Francona says if McDonald can't find another team to play for, he would be welcome to stay in the Indians organization.
In other news, Francona says All-Star closer Chris Perez (shoulder) will come off the DL on Thursday.
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 41 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 5 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar shooting 9 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Sunny, blustery winds today
53 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
41 min ago
- Police search for gunman in Germantown bar...
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos