Indians' Perez activated, to resume closing
Chris Perez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list by the Cleveland Indians and will immediately resume his role as closer.
Perez was sidelined May 27 with right shoulder soreness. While he was out, he and his wife were charged with misdemeanor drug possession after marijuana was mailed to their Ohio home in their dog's name.
Both have pleaded not guilty. Perez declined to speak with reporters Thursday at Camden Yards.
Indians manager Terry Francona says Perez's return will strengthen the bullpen by allowing other relievers to return to their previous roles.
To make room for Perez on the 25-man roster, left-hander T.J. House was optioned to Triple-A Columbus.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos