Rays' Longoria suffering from sore right foot
Tampa Bay slugger Evan Longoria left Friday night's game against Detroit because of a sore right foot.
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Tampa Bay slugger Evan Longoria left Friday night's game against Detroit because of a sore right foot.
The Rays announced that Longoria irritated plantar fasciitis, which has bothered him for the past month. He was limited to the designated hitter role for a few games earlier this month because of the problem.
Longoria will be reevaluated Saturday.
Longoria, who has 17 homers and 47 RBIs in 80 games this season, grounded out in the first inning Friday and was replaced at third base by Kelly Johnson to start the second.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success' 50 min ago
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos