Diamondbacks activate closer Putz from DL
The Arizona Diamondbacks have reinstated closer J.J. Putz from the 15-day disabled list and optioned right-hander Zeke Spruill to Triple-A Reno.
The 35-year-old Putz suffered a right elbow strain on May 7 against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Before his injury, Putz was 2-1 with five saves in nine chances and a 4.26 ERA in 14 games.
Fill-in closer Heath Bell pitched well after Putz went down, but struggled over his past five outings, allowing seven runs in four innings before discovering a flaw in his mechanics.
The 23-year-old Spruill allowed a run in 4 1/3 innings while appearing in four games for the Diamondbacks.
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 34 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 21 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos