Cards' Adams scratched with food poisoning
First baseman Matt Adams has been scratched from the St. Louis Cardinals' lineup as a result of food poisoning.
Adams hit two home runs in Saturday's 7-1 win over the Athletics and was penciled in the seventh spot in the Cardinals batting order again on Sunday before manager Mike Matheny made the decision to pull him from the lineup. Ty Wigginton took Adams' spot in the infield and in the batting order.
St. Louis is completing a three-game series with the Athletics before making its first-ever trip to Anaheim to face the Los Angeles Angels in a series beginning Tuesday.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos