Ex-Phillie Daulton has brain tumors removed
Darren Daulton's surgeon says the former Philadelphia Phillies All-Star catcher has successfully had two brain tumors removed.PHILADELPHIA -- Darren Daulton's surgeon says the former Philadelphia Phillies All-Star catcher has successfully had two brain tumors removed.
Dr. Kevin Judy says the 51-year-old Daulton is recovering at Thomas Jefferson Hospital following a seven-hour operation Monday and is expected to be released later this week. Judy says Daulton is doing fine physically and doctors will be monitoring his cognitive skills and speech function.
Daulton will undergo radiation treatments and speech therapy. Judy says the scale level of the glioma tumor removed from Daulton's brain is still unknown. Glioma tumors are graded from one to four.
Daulton played 14.5 of his 15 major league seasons in Philadelphia and was a key part of the Phillies' NL championship team in 1993. He finished his career with the 1997 World Series champion Florida Marlins.
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 26 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
24 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos