Braves place Schafer on DL, call up Terdoslavich
The Atlanta Braves have placed outfielder Jordan Schafer on the 15-day disabled list with a right ankle contusion and have called up outfielder Joey Terdoslavich from Triple-A Gwinnett.
Schafer has been limited since fouling a ball off his ankle on June 26. He was limping after running out a pinch-hit infield single on Tuesday and only jogged when he grounded out in another pinch-hit appearance on Wednesday night.
Terdoslavich was hitting .318 with 18 homers and 58 RBIs at Gwinnett and has been named to the Futures and Triple-A All-Star games. He was expected to be with the team for Thursday night's game against Miami.
A former third baseman, Terdoslavich has played the corner outfield spots this year.
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 22 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Man swallows gold bars in India
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos