Braves place Schafer on DL, call up Terdoslavich
The Atlanta Braves have placed outfielder Jordan Schafer on the 15-day disabled list with a right ankle contusion and have called up outfielder Joey Terdoslavich from Triple-A Gwinnett.
Schafer has been limited since fouling a ball off his ankle on June 26. He was limping after running out a pinch-hit infield single on Tuesday and only jogged when he grounded out in another pinch-hit appearance on Wednesday night.
Terdoslavich was hitting .318 with 18 homers and 58 RBIs at Gwinnett and has been named to the Futures and Triple-A All-Star games. He was expected to be with the team for Thursday night's game against Miami.
A former third baseman, Terdoslavich has played the corner outfield spots this year.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 36 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 51 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos