Angels' Weaver names son after Adenhart
Los Angeles Angels pitcher Jered Weaver has become a first-time father, naming his son in tribute to late teammate and friend Nick Adenhart.
The team said Friday that Aden David Weaver was born earlier in the day to Weaver and his wife, Kristin. The baby weighs 8 pounds.
Weaver has paid tribute to Adenhart ever since the young pitcher was killed by a drunken driver after a game in 2009. He scrawls the initials "NA" into the dirt on the mound for each of his starts.
Adenhart was 22 when he died just hours after pitching six scoreless innings in his season debut for the Angels. Two of his friends also died in the April 9, 2009, collision in Fullerton, and another passenger was severely injured.
Construction worker Andrew Gallo is serving 51 years to life in prison for causing the crash.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos