D-backs' Bloomquist (hand) out 6-8 weeks
Arizona infielder Willie Bloomquist says he has two broken bones in his left hand and has been told to expect to be sidelined for six to eight weeks.
Bloomquist was injured when he was hit by a pitch at Washington on June 26 and got the results of a CT scan Friday. He says it's the same injury that sidelined teammate Aaron Hill for much of this season, except it's two broken bones instead of one.
Bloomquist was on the disabled list for the first two months of the season with an oblique injury and has been on the disabled list since June 28.
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 12 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 33 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 39 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 57 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 48 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 57 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
28 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
33 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos