Pirates activate Burnett to start vs. Cubs
The Pittsburgh Pirates activated right-handed pitcher A.J. Burnett from the disabled list to start Sunday against the Chicago Cubs.
Burnett has been sidelined since June 8 with a strained right calf. He is 4-6 with a 3.12 ERA in 14 starts.
Right-handed reliever Ryan Reid was sent down to Triple-A Indianapolis to make room for Burnett on the roster. Reid had a 1.64 ERA in 11 innings for the Pirates.
Pirates second baseman Neil Walker was held out of Sunday's lineup after leaving Saturday's game in the fifth inning with discomfort in his right side. Walker is day-to-day and will be reevaluated by team doctors on Monday.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos