Padres' Richard to undergo shoulder surgery
San Diego Padres manager Bud Black says starter Clayton Richard will have surgery on his left shoulder and is expected to miss the rest of the season.
Richard was moved from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day DL on Friday, one of several moves made by the Padres. Richard has been sidelined since June 22.
San Diego selected right-hander Sean O'Sullivan from Triple-A Tucson to start against the Giants.
Infielder-outfielder Kyle Blanks was placed on the 15-day disabled list with left Achilles tendinitis, right-hander Miles Mikolas was sent to Triple-A Tucson and shortstop Pedro Ciriaco was designated for assignment.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 41 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 28 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
33 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos