Blue Jays activate Lawrie (ankle) from DL
Brett Lawrie has been activated from the 15-day disabled list by the Toronto Blue Jays after missing almost two months with a left ankle sprain.
To make room for Lawrie on the roster on Saturday, the Blue Jays optioned infielder Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Buffalo.
Lawrie played all 203 games of his major league career at third base before going on the DL. He returned Saturday at second base against the Orioles and went 0-for-4 at the plate.
The move allows Maicer Izturis to remain at third base.
"It makes a little bit of sense to me because we can get more of our guys in the lineup," Lawrie said.
Lawrie hit .209 with five homers and 14 RBIs before the injury.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos