Blue Jays activate Lawrie (ankle) from DL
Brett Lawrie has been activated from the 15-day disabled list by the Toronto Blue Jays after missing almost two months with a left ankle sprain.
To make room for Lawrie on the roster on Saturday, the Blue Jays optioned infielder Munenori Kawasaki to Triple-A Buffalo.
Lawrie played all 203 games of his major league career at third base before going on the DL. He returned Saturday at second base against the Orioles and went 0-for-4 at the plate.
The move allows Maicer Izturis to remain at third base.
"It makes a little bit of sense to me because we can get more of our guys in the lineup," Lawrie said.
Lawrie hit .209 with five homers and 14 RBIs before the injury.
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak Lane 37 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Very warm today, very cold...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos