Phillies place Revere on DL with broken foot
The Phillies have placed outfielder Ben Revere on the 15-day disabled list, one day after he broke his right foot by fouling a ball off of it, and activated catcher Erik Kratz from the DL.
PHILADELPHIA -- The Phillies have placed outfielder Ben Revere on the 15-day disabled list, one day after he broke his right foot by fouling a ball off of it, and activated catcher Erik Kratz from the DL.
Philadelphia general manager Ruben Amaro said Sunday that Revere will have further tests on Monday to determine the extent of his injury.
Revere was injured Saturday in the first game of a doubleheader against the Chicago White Sox. The center fielder, who is batting .305 this season, hit .431 in his last 15 games.
Kratz is returning after recovering from a torn meniscus in his knee, sustained on June 8. In 43 games this season, Kratz is batting .229 with eight homers and 22 RBIs.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 7 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos