Harper tabs father for Home Run Derby toss
Bryce Harper's quest for a Home Run Derby title won't fall far from the tree.
Bryce Harper's quest for a Home Run Derby title will be a family affair.
The Washington Nationals outfielder says he has tapped his father, Ron, to throw in Monday's contest in New York.
"I'm excited to share that moment with him," Harper said Sunday, according to The Washington Post.
Harper once said his father had thrown him "millions" of pitches in his lifetime, according to the newspaper.
"It's awesome," Ron Harper said, according to The Post. "It'll be a great thing. Robinson Cano's dad did it."
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 2 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co. 44 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 8 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- WCU investigates indecent assault, carjacking attempt
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- MLK football documentary premieres in NYC
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Sunny, blustery winds today
56 min ago
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
44 min ago
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos