Harper tabs father for Home Run Derby toss
Bryce Harper's quest for a Home Run Derby title won't fall far from the tree.
Bryce Harper's quest for a Home Run Derby title will be a family affair.
The Washington Nationals outfielder says he has tapped his father, Ron, to throw in Monday's contest in New York.
"I'm excited to share that moment with him," Harper said Sunday, according to The Washington Post.
Harper once said his father had thrown him "millions" of pitches in his lifetime, according to the newspaper.
"It's awesome," Ron Harper said, according to The Post. "It'll be a great thing. Robinson Cano's dad did it."
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos