D-backs' Spanish announcer arrested in assault
The Spanish play-by-play announcer for the Arizona Diamondbacks is in custody for allegedly threatening his wife with a knife.
PHOENIX -- The Spanish play-by-play announcer for the Arizona Diamondbacks is in custody for allegedly threatening his wife with a knife.
Court paperwork released Wednesday show 53-year-old Miguel Perez Quintana is facing charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and criminal damage.
Quintana is in his 16th year as a Diamondbacks' broadcaster. The team says he has been suspended "until this matter is resolved in court."
Phoenix police say they were called to Quintana's home Monday night and found his wife with blood on her legs and cuts on her left hand.
A probable cause statement says Karoly Quintana told police she and her husband were arguing about him going through her cellphone when he allegedly grabbed a knife from the kitchen and threatened to kill her.
She called 911.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 42 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos