Blue Jays' Single-A affiliate no-hit for 3rd time
The Single-A Lansing (Mich.) Lugnuts have now been no-hit three times this season.
CLINTON, Iowa -- The Single-A Lansing (Mich.) Lugnuts have now been no-hit three times this season.
Clinton (Iowa) LumberKings pitcher Victor Sanchez pitched a complete game no-hitter Wednesday night, allowing just three baserunners in a 1-0 home victory. Two runners reached on errors and the third was hit by a Sanchez pitch.
Lansing had gone hitless in a game just once in its first 17 seasons, but the Lugnuts (38-56) have now been blanked three times in just 94 games in 2013. Lansing, an affiliate of the Blue Jays, was also no-hit in seven innings on April 14 against South Bend and last month against Bowling Green.
The 18-year-old Sanchez was the first Clinton pitcher since 2011 to throw a complete-game no-hitter.
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 42 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 40 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos