Blue Jays' Single-A affiliate no-hit for 3rd time
The Single-A Lansing (Mich.) Lugnuts have now been no-hit three times this season.
CLINTON, Iowa -- The Single-A Lansing (Mich.) Lugnuts have now been no-hit three times this season.
Clinton (Iowa) LumberKings pitcher Victor Sanchez pitched a complete game no-hitter Wednesday night, allowing just three baserunners in a 1-0 home victory. Two runners reached on errors and the third was hit by a Sanchez pitch.
Lansing had gone hitless in a game just once in its first 17 seasons, but the Lugnuts (38-56) have now been blanked three times in just 94 games in 2013. Lansing, an affiliate of the Blue Jays, was also no-hit in seven innings on April 14 against South Bend and last month against Bowling Green.
The 18-year-old Sanchez was the first Clinton pitcher since 2011 to throw a complete-game no-hitter.
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 5 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos