Rockies' Betancourt on DL after appendectomy
The Colorado Rockies have placed right-hander Rafael Betancourt on the disabled list after the closer had his appendix removed Friday night.
The team recalled righty Mitchell Boggs from Double-A Tulsa on Saturday to take Betancourt's place in the bullpen.
Betancourt was feeling ill Friday afternoon and was sent to a medical center. He was then moved to a hospital where he underwent an emergency appendectomy.
He is expected to miss up to three weeks.
Betancourt is 2-3 with a 3.16 ERA and 15 saves in 16 chances in 28 games this season.
Boggs was acquired on July 9 from the St. Louis Cardinals, with whom he was 0-3 with an 11.50 ERA in 15 games. After joining the Rockies organization, Boggs was sent to Tulsa. He posted one save in four appearances.
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 30 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 50 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 7 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
30 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos