Jays activate Cabrera off DL, option Wagner
The Blue Jays activated outfielder Melky Cabrera off the 15-day disabled list Sunday and optioned right-hander Neil Wagner to Triple-A Buffalo.TORONTO -- The Blue Jays activated outfielder Melky Cabrera off the 15-day disabled list Sunday and optioned right-hander Neil Wagner to Triple-A Buffalo.
The switch-hitting Cabrera started in left field and batted fifth Sunday against Tampa Bay. He'd been out for 18 games after landing on the disabled list June 27 with a sore left knee.
A nine-year veteran, Cabrera was selected MVP of the 2012 All-Star Game while playing for San Francisco. Five weeks later, he was suspended 50 games following a positive test for testosterone. After being left of San Francisco's playoff roster, he signed a two-year, $16-million deal with Toronto in November.
Cabrera is batting .278 with three home runs and 29 RBIs in 78 games.
Wagner made 20 relief appearances for the Blue Jays, going 2-3 with a 3.26 ERA.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 24 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos