Jays activate Cabrera off DL, option Wagner
The Blue Jays activated outfielder Melky Cabrera off the 15-day disabled list Sunday and optioned right-hander Neil Wagner to Triple-A Buffalo.TORONTO -- The Blue Jays activated outfielder Melky Cabrera off the 15-day disabled list Sunday and optioned right-hander Neil Wagner to Triple-A Buffalo.
The switch-hitting Cabrera started in left field and batted fifth Sunday against Tampa Bay. He'd been out for 18 games after landing on the disabled list June 27 with a sore left knee.
A nine-year veteran, Cabrera was selected MVP of the 2012 All-Star Game while playing for San Francisco. Five weeks later, he was suspended 50 games following a positive test for testosterone. After being left of San Francisco's playoff roster, he signed a two-year, $16-million deal with Toronto in November.
Cabrera is batting .278 with three home runs and 29 RBIs in 78 games.
Wagner made 20 relief appearances for the Blue Jays, going 2-3 with a 3.26 ERA.
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos