Rays 1B Loney activated off paternity list
The Tampa Bay Rays activated first baseman James Loney off the paternity list Sunday and optioned infielder Ryan Roberts to Triple-A Durham.
Loney had missed Tampa Bay's first two games following the All-Star break after the birth of his first child, a son. He's batting .315 with nine homers and 43 RBIs.
Rookie outfielder Wil Myers was held out of Tampa Bay's starting lineup Sunday with a sore left wrist. Myers, who is batting .310 with four homers and 18 RBIs, aggravated the wrist on a slide Saturday.
Also out of the lineup for a third straight game was shortstop Yunel Escobar, who has a sore right hamstring. Escobar worked out on the field before the game, and manager Joe Maddon said Escobar should be available for Monday's game at Boston.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos