Padres shelve Marquis for strained elbow
The San Diego Padres have placed pitcher Jason Marquis on the 15-day disabled list with a right elbow strain.
Right-handed reliever Miles Mikolas was recalled from Triple-A Tucson where he was 3-1 with a 2.91 ERA and 20 saves in 23 chances. Tyson Ross (0-4, 3.60) fills a rotation opening Tuesday and Wednesday's starter has not been determined.
The move was made retroactive to July 20 on Marquis (9-5, 4.05), who has lost three straight decisions over six starts and has lasted 5 1-3 innings in each of his last two outings. He had no strikeouts for the first time this season in a loss to the Cardinals on Friday.
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 12 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 5 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 54 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos