Tigers' Cabrera sits out third straight game
Miguel Cabrera is not in Detroit's lineup for the third straight game Thursday against the Chicago White Sox.
The Tigers third baseman who was baseball's first Triple Crown winner in 45 years last season left Monday's game in the bottom of the fifth inning with a left hip flexor injury. Detroit manager Jim Leyland gave no update Thursday on Cabrera's condition other than to say he's not playing.
Cabrera is hitting a major league-best .358 with 31 home runs and 96 RBIs.
Don Kelly is playing third for Detroit and batting seventh.
Without Cabrera in the lineup, Detroit has won two in a row over the White Sox and scored 12 runs.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 6 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region 43 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- High winds cause power outages in Wilmington
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Crews investigate hazmat situation at Philadelphia hotel
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- High winds cause damage across the region
43 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos