Body of ex-MLB pitcher Castillo found in lake
Authorities have recovered the body of former major league pitcher Frank Castillo after he apparently drowned at a lake northeast of Phoenix.
PHOENIX -- Authorities have recovered the body of former major league pitcher Frank Castillo after he apparently drowned at a lake northeast of Phoenix.
Maricopa County sheriff's officials say divers pulled the 44-year-old's body out of Bartlett Lake on Monday afternoon.
Family members and friends say Castillo wasn't a good swimmer, but he jumped off a pontoon boat Sunday afternoon for a swim and didn't resurface.
Divers searched for several hours before suspending the search until Monday.
Castillo had an 82-104 record in 13 major league seasons. He pitched for the Chicago Cubs, Colorado, Detroit, Toronto, Boston and Florida from 1991 to 2005 before retiring and lived in the Phoenix suburb of Scottsdale.
Both the Red Sox and Cubs held a moment of silence for Castillo before Monday night's games.
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- Surveillance expected from Target heist 53 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 20 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Video: Beating turns dropout into genius 57 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos