Body of ex-MLB pitcher Castillo found in lake
Authorities have recovered the body of former major league pitcher Frank Castillo after he apparently drowned at a lake northeast of Phoenix.
PHOENIX -- Authorities have recovered the body of former major league pitcher Frank Castillo after he apparently drowned at a lake northeast of Phoenix.
Maricopa County sheriff's officials say divers pulled the 44-year-old's body out of Bartlett Lake on Monday afternoon.
Family members and friends say Castillo wasn't a good swimmer, but he jumped off a pontoon boat Sunday afternoon for a swim and didn't resurface.
Divers searched for several hours before suspending the search until Monday.
Castillo had an 82-104 record in 13 major league seasons. He pitched for the Chicago Cubs, Colorado, Detroit, Toronto, Boston and Florida from 1991 to 2005 before retiring and lived in the Phoenix suburb of Scottsdale.
Both the Red Sox and Cubs held a moment of silence for Castillo before Monday night's games.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos