No suspension for Ortiz over phone flogging
Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz won't be suspended for destroying two dugout phones with his bat during this weekend's series in Baltimore.
Major League Baseball spokesman Michael Teevan said the incident remains under review but that a suspension has been ruled out.
Unhappy with two called strikes by home plate umpire Tim Timmons in Saturday's game against the Orioles, Ortiz returned to the dugout after being ejected and destroyed the covers of two phones with his bat before charging onto the field.
Ortiz also threw an elbow pad in Timmons' direction before teammate Dustin Pedroia finally got Ortiz under control.
On Sunday, Ortiz went 4-for-4 in a victory that put Boston one-half game ahead of Tampa Bay in the AL East.
The Red Sox played the Rays on Monday night in the makeup of Thursday's rainout.
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 11 min ago
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 23 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 37 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
23 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
45 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
54 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos