Rangers OF Cruz leaves with bruised quad
Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz left Tuesday night's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels with a bruised left quadriceps muscle.
ARLINGTON, Texas -- There's a lot going on with Nelson Cruz.
The Texas Rangers' All-Star right fielder left Tuesday's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels in the eighth inning with a bruised left quadriceps muscle. He was hit there by a throw while running out a ground ball in the third inning. The quad tightened up.
"It just cramped up on me," Cruz said, adding that he will be able to play Wednesday.
Of course, Cruz also has the Biogenesis case hanging over him. On Tuesday, Major League Baseball informed the players' association which players would be suspended for their connections to the case, The Associated Press reported. The suspensions are expected by the end of the week.
Cruz, one of the most prominent names involved with the Miami-based clinic, said after Tuesday's game that he has not been told anything about a possible suspension.
"Not yet," he said.
Cruz said he has been in contact with agent.
"We keep in touch," Cruz said. "At the moment, I can't make any comment."
Todd Wills covers the Texas Rangers for ESPNDallas.com.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver dies after Washington Twp. accident
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos