Rangers OF Cruz leaves with bruised quad
Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz left Tuesday night's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels with a bruised left quadriceps muscle.
ARLINGTON, Texas -- There's a lot going on with Nelson Cruz.
The Texas Rangers' All-Star right fielder left Tuesday's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels in the eighth inning with a bruised left quadriceps muscle. He was hit there by a throw while running out a ground ball in the third inning. The quad tightened up.
"It just cramped up on me," Cruz said, adding that he will be able to play Wednesday.
Of course, Cruz also has the Biogenesis case hanging over him. On Tuesday, Major League Baseball informed the players' association which players would be suspended for their connections to the case, The Associated Press reported. The suspensions are expected by the end of the week.
Cruz, one of the most prominent names involved with the Miami-based clinic, said after Tuesday's game that he has not been told anything about a possible suspension.
"Not yet," he said.
Cruz said he has been in contact with agent.
"We keep in touch," Cruz said. "At the moment, I can't make any comment."
Todd Wills covers the Texas Rangers for ESPNDallas.com.
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped girls in class 28 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection 25 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 10 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 5 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Skippack student hospitalized with...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos