Rangers OF Cruz leaves with bruised quad
Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz left Tuesday night's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels with a bruised left quadriceps muscle.
ARLINGTON, Texas -- There's a lot going on with Nelson Cruz.
The Texas Rangers' All-Star right fielder left Tuesday's 14-11 win over the Los Angeles Angels in the eighth inning with a bruised left quadriceps muscle. He was hit there by a throw while running out a ground ball in the third inning. The quad tightened up.
"It just cramped up on me," Cruz said, adding that he will be able to play Wednesday.
Of course, Cruz also has the Biogenesis case hanging over him. On Tuesday, Major League Baseball informed the players' association which players would be suspended for their connections to the case, The Associated Press reported. The suspensions are expected by the end of the week.
Cruz, one of the most prominent names involved with the Miami-based clinic, said after Tuesday's game that he has not been told anything about a possible suspension.
"Not yet," he said.
Cruz said he has been in contact with agent.
"We keep in touch," Cruz said. "At the moment, I can't make any comment."
Todd Wills covers the Texas Rangers for ESPNDallas.com.
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 58 min ago
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 12 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos