Brewers' Gallardo (hamstring) placed on DL
The Milwaukee Brewers have put right-hander Yovani Gallardo on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Gallardo saw team physician Dr. William Raasch on Wednesday in Milwaukee, and manager Ron Roenicke says it's a mild strain. Roenicke says right-hander Tyler Thornburg will take Gallardo's spot in the rotation.
The hamstring injury forced Gallardo to leave the Brewers' 6-5 victory over the Cubs on Tuesday in the fifth inning.
Infielder Scooter Gennett, who served as the Brewers' 26th man during Tuesday's day-night doubleheader, was optioned to Triple-A Nashville, and then recalled to take Gallardo's spot on the roster.
Gennett is batting .217 with a homer and five RBIs in 18 games this season with Milwaukee.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 51 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos