Brewers' Gallardo (hamstring) placed on DL
The Milwaukee Brewers have put right-hander Yovani Gallardo on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring.
Gallardo saw team physician Dr. William Raasch on Wednesday in Milwaukee, and manager Ron Roenicke says it's a mild strain. Roenicke says right-hander Tyler Thornburg will take Gallardo's spot in the rotation.
The hamstring injury forced Gallardo to leave the Brewers' 6-5 victory over the Cubs on Tuesday in the fifth inning.
Infielder Scooter Gennett, who served as the Brewers' 26th man during Tuesday's day-night doubleheader, was optioned to Triple-A Nashville, and then recalled to take Gallardo's spot on the roster.
Gennett is batting .217 with a homer and five RBIs in 18 games this season with Milwaukee.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos