Brewers' West suspended for drug of abuse
Milwaukee Brewers minor league pitcher William West has been suspended 50 games following a violation of baseball's minor league drug rules.
NEW YORK -- Milwaukee Brewers minor league pitcher William West has been suspended 50 games following a violation of baseball's minor league drug rules.
West, a left-hander on the Brewers' Arizona League team, was found to have used a drug of abuse.
The suspension came on the same day that baseball disciplined 13 players in a performance-enhancing drug case -- the most sweeping punishment since the Black Sox scandal nearly a century ago.
West's suspension was the 38th under the minor league program. He had four strikeouts and three walks in 5 1-3 innings this season.
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 27 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
49 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos