Phillies activate Brown (concussion) from DL
The Philadelphia Phillies activated all-star left fielder Domonic Brown from the disabled list on Tuesday. Brown has not played since July 23 because of concussion symptoms.
To make room for Brown on the roster, the Phillies designated outfielder Laynce Nix for assignment.
The 25-year-old played in a rehabilitation game Monday with Single-A Lakewood and went 3-for-5 with a home run.
Brown still leads Philadelphia in several offensive categories, including home runs (24), RBIs (69), runs (51) and slugging percentage (.531) despite an 11-game absence. The Phillies went 1-10 during Brown's stint on the DL.
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos