Heyward leaves game with neck muscle strain
Right fielder Jason Heyward left Atlanta's game against the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night because of a muscle strain in his neck.
The Braves say he's day to day.
Leading off the game, Heyward was visited by manager Fredi Gonzalez after two pitches, and play was delayed for a couple of minutes.
After Gonzalez returned to the dugout, Heyward swung at the next pitch and popped out to shortstop.
Heyward entered the game batting .235 with 10 homers and 31 RBIs.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos