Pirates ink Farnsworth to minor-league deal
The Pittsburgh Pirates agreed to terms with right-hander Kyle Farnsworth on a minor league deal Friday and assigned him to Triple-A Indianapolis.
The 37-year-old Farnsworth was 2-0 with a 5.76 ERA in 39 relief appearances with Tampa Bay this season before being designated for assignment and released Aug. 9.
Farnsworth has pitched for the Chicago Cubs (1999-2004), Detroit (2005 and '08), Atlanta (2005 and '10), the New York Yankees (2006-08), Kansas City (2009-10) and Tampa Bay (2011-13). He is 42-62 with 52 saves, a 4.29 ERA and 936 strikeouts in 849 games.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 24 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 51 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 45 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 43 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos