Nats' Harper scratched with bruised triceps
Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals' lineup against the Braves due to a bruised triceps.
ATLANTA -- Bryce Harper is out of the Nationals' lineup against the Braves because of a bruised triceps.
Manager Davey Johnson said Harper was bruised when hit by two pitches in Friday night's game. Harper couldn't get loose when he tried to hit in the cage before Saturday night's game.
Denard Span replaced Harper as the leadoff hitter and centerfielder.
Harper was hit by pitches in the fourth and eighth innings by Alex Wood and Luis Avilan on Friday night. Home plate umpire Marty Foster warned both benches after Avilan hit Harper on his shoulder in the eighth. Avilan's pitch apparently caused the bruise.
On Aug. 6, both benches emptied when Harper was hit by Julio Teheran in the Braves' 2-1 win at Washington.
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos