Report: Athletics acquire Suzuki from Nationals
The Oakland Athletics have struck a deal to bring Washington Nationals catcher Kurt Suzuki back to his former team, multiple sources told the San Francisco Chronicle reported late Thursday night.
Though the trade has not been announced, the Chronicle reported that Suzuki is expected to be on the A's roster for Friday's game against the Baltimore Orioles. Suzuki, who was traded by the A's to the Nationals last year, would fill a void left after John Jaso went on the disabled list with a concussion and Derek Norris' broke his toe Tuesday. The A's still have catcher Stephen Vogt available.
The 29-year-old Suzuki is batting .222 with three home runs and 25 RBIs in 79 games this season.
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 22 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 24 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident
26 min ago
- Sinkhole threatens homes in Florida
10 min ago
- Easter services in Mt. Airy
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos