Beachy placed on DL with elbow inflammation
The Atlanta Braves have placed Brandon Beachy on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation.
The NL East leaders announced Thursday that the right-hander would miss his next start. Outfielder Todd Cunningham was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett before Friday's game against the Cardinals.
Beachy allowed three earned runs and five hits in six innings during a 5-3 loss to the Mets on Tuesday. He was making his fifth start since returning from Tommy John surgery.
Beachy, 2-1 with a 4.50 ERA on the year, will be examined by Dr. James Andrews on Monday. Manager Fredi Gonzalez says he isn't overly concerned based on discussions with the pitcher.
Mike Minor will start for Atlanta on Sunday in the finale of a four-game series at St. Louis.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 45 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos