Beachy placed on DL with elbow inflammation
The Atlanta Braves have placed Brandon Beachy on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation.
The NL East leaders announced Thursday that the right-hander would miss his next start. Outfielder Todd Cunningham was recalled from Triple-A Gwinnett before Friday's game against the Cardinals.
Beachy allowed three earned runs and five hits in six innings during a 5-3 loss to the Mets on Tuesday. He was making his fifth start since returning from Tommy John surgery.
Beachy, 2-1 with a 4.50 ERA on the year, will be examined by Dr. James Andrews on Monday. Manager Fredi Gonzalez says he isn't overly concerned based on discussions with the pitcher.
Mike Minor will start for Atlanta on Sunday in the finale of a four-game series at St. Louis.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
53 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos