Jays call up Wang to start Saturday vs. Astros
Pitchers Chad Jenkins and Chien-Ming Wang are back with the Toronto Blue Jays.
Jenkins was recalled from Double-A New Hampshire, and Wang's contract was selected from Triple-A Buffalo in time for him to start Saturday night at Houston.
Toronto transferred infielder Maicer Izturis, out with a sprained left ankle, to the 60-day disabled list.
The right-handed Jenkins has a 1.20 ERA in four games -- three starts -- with New Hampshire. He has a combined minor league record of 0-3 with a 4.54 ERA in 11 games, 10 starts, while pitching for Buffalo, New Hampshire and the Gulf Coast Blue Jays.
Jenkins is 1-0 with a 3.60 ERA in three starts for Toronto this season.
The right-handed Wang is 4-4 in nine starts with a 2.33 ERA for Buffalo. He has made five starts for Toronto this season, going 1-1 with a 7.13 ERA.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 52 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 38 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 44 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos