Angels place reliever Jepsen on 15-day DL
The Los Angeles Angels have placed reliever Kevin Jepsen on the 15-day disabled list after he had surgery to remove his appendix.
Jepsen had surgery Saturday in Seattle.
The Angels also recalled outfielder Collin Cowgill from Triple-A Salt Lake City.
Angels manager Mike Scioscia said the operation will keep Jepsen sidelined for four to six weeks but added he doesn't realistically expect Jepsen to return this season. Jepsen has appeared in 45 games for the Angels with a 1-3 record and 4.50 ERA.
Cowgill is batting .231 with three home runs and 11 RBIs in 48 games with Los Angeles.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos