Angels place reliever Jepsen on 15-day DL
The Los Angeles Angels have placed reliever Kevin Jepsen on the 15-day disabled list after he had surgery to remove his appendix.
Jepsen had surgery Saturday in Seattle.
The Angels also recalled outfielder Collin Cowgill from Triple-A Salt Lake City.
Angels manager Mike Scioscia said the operation will keep Jepsen sidelined for four to six weeks but added he doesn't realistically expect Jepsen to return this season. Jepsen has appeared in 45 games for the Angels with a 1-3 record and 4.50 ERA.
Cowgill is batting .231 with three home runs and 11 RBIs in 48 games with Los Angeles.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos