Rays' Moore to rejoin rotation next Tuesday
The Tampa Bay Rays will get left-hander Matt Moore back as they contend for the AL East title.
The All-Star starter, out since late last month with a sore left elbow, was scheduled to pitch in a minor league game Thursday before rejoining the rotation Sept. 3 on the road against the Los Angeles Angels, manager Joe Maddon said.Moore was 14-3 with a 3.41 ERA before Tampa Bay put him on the disabled list July 31 for what was hoped would be a two- or three-week stay.
The Rays (74-54) stand one game back in the division behind the Red Sox after a loss Sunday to the Yankees.
Moore threw 49 pitches Saturday in a simulated game.
He said Sunday, according to the Tampa Tribune, that he had felt the normal soreness he would after pitching in a regular game and would try to talk Maddon into letting him return this week.
"Whatever gets me back in the rotation," he said, according to the Tampa newspaper. "That's the ultimate goal."
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep 14 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 27 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown 30 min ago
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed 18 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 20 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
4 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
44 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos