Phillies put Wells on DL with vision problems
The Philadelphia Phillies have placed outfielder Casper Wells on the disabled list because of vision problems two days after he took the loss as an emergency pitcher in an 18-inning game.
The Phillies purchased the contract of utility man Pete Orr on Monday from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to fill Wells' roster spot.
Wells has been part of five organizations this year. The 28-year-old was previously with the Mariners, Blue Jays, Athletics and White Sox. He was 0 for 7 and gave up five runs when he pitched in the 18th inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.
Overall, he was batting .128 with one RBI in 94 at-bats this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster, Ryan Howard was transferred to the 60-day DL.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos