Phillies put Wells on DL with vision problems
The Philadelphia Phillies have placed outfielder Casper Wells on the disabled list because of vision problems two days after he took the loss as an emergency pitcher in an 18-inning game.
The Phillies purchased the contract of utility man Pete Orr on Monday from Triple-A Lehigh Valley to fill Wells' roster spot.
Wells has been part of five organizations this year. The 28-year-old was previously with the Mariners, Blue Jays, Athletics and White Sox. He was 0 for 7 and gave up five runs when he pitched in the 18th inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday.
Overall, he was batting .128 with one RBI in 94 at-bats this season.
To make room on the 40-man roster, Ryan Howard was transferred to the 60-day DL.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat 52 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 30 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute 56 min ago
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar 59 min ago
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 38 min ago
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 25 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 15 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
15 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
10 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
30 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card...
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos