Rangers' Feliz (elbow) to be activated Sunday
Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz will skip his final rehabilitation appearance and be activated Sunday when rosters expand.
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz will skip his final rehabilitation appearance and be activated Sunday when rosters expand.
The former closer who became a starter last year hasn't pitched in the major leagues since May 18, 2012. He has been recovering from elbow ligament replacement surgery.
The 25-year-old Feliz was the closer when Texas went to back-to-back World Series in 2010 and '11. He had 72 of his 74 career saves those two years after coming up through the minor leagues as a starter.
He made seven starts in 2012 in his return to that role before getting shut down with a torn elbow ligament.
Feliz pitched three scoreless innings in his last rehab appearance with Triple-A Round Rock on Wednesday. He will work out of the bullpen.
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 4 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos