Braves demote slumping Gattis to Triple-A
The Braves have optioned Evan Gattis to Triple-A Gwinnett, with plans for the catcher-outfielder to return to the major leagues in a few days.
ATLANTA -- The Braves have optioned Evan Gattis to Triple-A Gwinnett, with plans for the catcher-outfielder to return to the major leagues in a few days.
Gwinnett's season ends on Monday, so Gattis will be eligible to be recalled on Tuesday after three games in Charlotte.
The Braves recalled outfielder Jose Constanza from Gwinnett to take Gattis' place on the roster.
Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said Friday night that Gattis could benefit from regular at-bats the next three days. Gattis is hitting only .139 (5-for-36) in August, dropping his overall average to .238. He has 15 homers and leads all rookies with 47 RBIs.
Gattis says his goal will be to "try to get hot."
Constanza has hit only .160 in 14 games with Atlanta this season.
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion 25 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 2 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 5 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 3 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
25 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos