Blue Jays activate All-Star reliever Delabar
The Blue Jays activated All-Star reliever Steve Delabar and right-hander Dustin McGowan off the disabled list before Sunday's game against Kansas City.
Delabar is 5-2 with a 2.90 ERA and 75 strikeouts in 49 2/3 innings. A first-time All-Star this season, he has not pitched since Aug. 2 because of a sore shoulder.
A former starter who has missed three of the past five seasons due to injury, McGowan has gone 0-0 with a 2.12 ERA in 16 relief appearances this season. He's been out since July 29 with a strained muscle in his right side.
The Blue Jays intend to add at least one more September call up, a catcher, but Triple-A prospect A.J. Jimenez has a sore elbow, meaning Mike Nickeas could be promoted instead.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine
10 min ago