Masterson (oblique) to miss at least 1 start
Cleveland Indians pitcher Justin Masterson will miss at least one start because of a strained left oblique, another blow to a team that's struggling to stay in playoff contention.
Indians manager Terry Francona said Masterson will miss some time but hopes Cleveland's No. 1 starter isn't out for the season. An MRI on Tuesday revealed the injury to the right-hander, who made his first All-Star team this season.
Masterson was pulled from Monday's game against Baltimore in the second inning because of soreness in his left side.
Masterson leads the Indians in wins and is tied for first in the AL with three shutouts. The right-hander is 14-10 with a 3.52 ERA in 29 starts. Cleveland is 3.5 games out of the second wild-card spot and has lost six of seven.
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos