Report: CarGo likely to need finger surgery
Carlos Gonzalez will likely need surgery to fix a torn ligament in his right middle finger, the Colorado Rockies outfielder told The Denver Post.
Gonzalez tried rest as a cure, but 10 weeks was unable to fix the ligament.
The All-Star outfielder will travel to a hand specialist in Cleveland on Thursday, the Post reported. If the recommendation is to undergo surgery, Gonzalez will have it done within the next two months.
"It's my decision," Gonzalez told the Post. "I am probably going to have it regardless of what he says. It's just not getting any better. I want to be ready for spring training."
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- After 6 days, Malaysian jet mystery still unsolved
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos