King Felix (oblique) not ready to return to M's
Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
DETROIT -- Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
Hernandez, who has been bothered by an oblique strain, threw a bullpen session Monday in Detroit, but the Mariners say Hisashi Iwakuma will start against the Tigers on Wednesday night, followed by James Paxton on Thursday. Erasmo Ramirez is slated to start against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
Hernandez is expected to throw another bullpen session Thursday.
Pitching coach Carl Willis says Hernandez felt fine physically Monday but is a little erratic. He has not pitched since Sept. 2.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos