King Felix (oblique) not ready to return to M's
Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
DETROIT -- Felix Hernandez is not ready to return to Seattle's starting rotation.
Hernandez, who has been bothered by an oblique strain, threw a bullpen session Monday in Detroit, but the Mariners say Hisashi Iwakuma will start against the Tigers on Wednesday night, followed by James Paxton on Thursday. Erasmo Ramirez is slated to start against the Los Angeles Angels on Friday.
Hernandez is expected to throw another bullpen session Thursday.
Pitching coach Carl Willis says Hernandez felt fine physically Monday but is a little erratic. He has not pitched since Sept. 2.
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex
- Western Pa. school reopens after stabbings 57 min ago
- Multiple arrests after fight in bar parking lot 39 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Tuesday's storm
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd 43 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 24 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos