Suspended slugger Braun drops by Brewers
Though he's still prohibited from suiting up for the Milwaukee Brewers, suspended slugger Ryan Braun visited his teammates at Miller Park on Wednesday.
Braun is serving a 65-game suspension for his involvement with Biogenesis, a now-closed anti-aging clinic under investigation by Major League Baseball.
Earlier in September, Braun personally called some Brewers fans to apologize for taking performance-enhancing drugs, but had not visited the stadium since July 22.
"He looked good," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. "I think all the guys were really happy to see him. He was just in to say hi. He misses the game and he misses the guys, so he wanted to come in and say hi."
Roenicke said there was no formal clubhouse meeting and is uncertain if Braun will make another appearance before season's end.
"It was really nice to see him," Roenicke said. "All the staff was happy to see him; the players were happy to see him. It was nice he came in."
In addition to Braun, the Brewers also were greeted by injured outfielder Corey Hart, who is recovering from two knee surgeries.
Without the slugging outfielders, the Brewers have plummeted to fourth place in the NL Central and entered play Wednesday night 20.5 games out of first. Roenicke admitted he wished the duo was on the field for him.
"I really like these guys," Roenicke said, according to the Journal-Sentinel. "Not only are they really great players, but I really like them. They bring a lot to our team. They bring that atmosphere that when you go out there you know you have these two big horses to help. We miss those guys, both ways [on and off the field]."
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 7 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 12 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos