GM: Harvey could pitch in Arizona Fall League
Matt Harvey could be headed to the Arizona Fall League, New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Monday.
Harvey has decided to rehab a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will attempt a throwing program over the next six to eight weeks in a bid to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Alderson indicated the AFL would be a potential place to face actual batters next month, which would allow Harvey to test whether surgery will be required.
The AFL generally is reserved for minor league prospects. An AFL official was not immediately available to discuss whether a rehab assignment during fall baseball was permissible.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 27 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos