GM: Harvey could pitch in Arizona Fall League
Matt Harvey could be headed to the Arizona Fall League, New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said Monday.
Harvey has decided to rehab a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and will attempt a throwing program over the next six to eight weeks in a bid to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Alderson indicated the AFL would be a potential place to face actual batters next month, which would allow Harvey to test whether surgery will be required.
The AFL generally is reserved for minor league prospects. An AFL official was not immediately available to discuss whether a rehab assignment during fall baseball was permissible.
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos