King of the hill: Rivera jersey tops in MLB
Fans have purchased more Mariano Rivera jerseys than those of any other Major League Baseball player in the second half of the season, according to sales of jerseys on MLB's online shop.
That's because fans have purchased more Rivera jerseys than those of any other Major League Baseball player in the second half of the season, according to sales of jerseys on MLB's online shop.
New York Mets pitcher Matt Harvey was the second-most purchased jersey, followed by Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Yasiel Puig, Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado and San Francisco Giants catcher Buster Posey.
The top 20 most popular jersey list, released by MLB on Thursday, features 16 players who are 30 years old or younger. Chris Davis of the Orioles and Paul Goldschmidt of the Arizona Diamondbacks cracked the top 20 list for the first time, finishing 17th and 20th respectively.
Veterans who returned to the list despite their many years with their teams included Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia (11), Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter (12), Mets third baseman David Wright (13), Red Sox DH David Ortiz (18) and Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano (19).
It doesn't come as a surprise that Rivera tops the list despite his intention to hang up his glove at the end of the season. Last season, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis had the third-most popular jersey in the NFL, behind Robert Griffin III and Peyton Manning, despite calling it quits.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
9 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos